1 Box of Vanilla Cake mix
1 Box Vanilla Pudding
1 Pint Whipping Cream
1 2/3 cups water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
3 medium bananas, sliced
Bake the cake in a 9" round spring form pan and the pudding according to the directions.
I used the pre-package pie crust. I put it in a 9" spring form pan. I cooked the shell and then made the banana pie filling.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
Refridgerate the filling for 1 hour, then fill into pie crust.
- Pour 1/2 of filling on pie crust.
- Place sliced bananas on filling.
- Pour remainder of filling on the sliced bananas.
Once the cake has cooled, cut in half and spread set jello of the top of each half.
Once the filling has chilled but the pie crust on one of the sides of the cake. Fill Pie Crust. Mix up whipping cream and sugar.
Side note-This cake pie is addicting! Also, once the cake is assembled, there is not moving it, so assemble on whatever you will be serving it on. It is heavy and takes up a lot of room in your fridge. Too much cake pie for 2 people.